February 1, 2010

2.1.10 Dear XXX

Dear XXX,

I KNOW that you don’t feel like working out today OR eating much but I want you to try. You have gone 4 days without running and spent those 4 days eating whatever you wanted so now it’s time you jump back on the “being good to your body” wagon. I was pretty amazed that you found a little bit of balance with your eating, even though you ate a little too much. But you weren’t THAT out of balance and plus, you were pretty nice to me with your thoughts. At the suggestion of a reader, I want you to find ways to be nice to me that doesn’t involve eating or working out. You could tell me an affirmation or two, you could tell me that I’m great just the way I am or even go out on a limb and tell me I’m hot! I need to push you. Tell me good stuff that I want to hear. I have a good one for you…..go to sleep at night at a decent time and listen to your guided imagery cd before bed. Do that at least once this week. I respond well when you get good sleep. Remember, I only want good things for you. Treat me well…I’m really everything you’ve got. I want to feel appreciated and loved from you.

Love, your Body

1 comment:

  1. Right on Body! You did a great job explaining your feelings in a way XXX could understand without getting mad or retailiating! Nice job encouraging her efforts too, even though they may not have been ideal
    ...and we'll be here supporting her (and you!)

    ReplyDelete