January 16, 2010

1.15.10 Dear XXX

1.15.10 Dear XXX

Okay…I heard you. You’re going to try. I am thinking that we may have a chance also. I am not sad anymore. I see that you are trying. You have been eating consistently and not binging or overeating at all. You have been exercising. You’ve talked to me and actually made somewhat of an effort to be somewhat nice to me. I’m happy you don’t hate me. But I do want you to like me. But you have to give in to me first. I don’t say that because I want to make you unhappy, I say that because I WANT you to be happy. Be good to me and I will be good to you in return. I know that you are happy that you’ve lost the tiniest bit of weight. You were good to me so I wanted to show you in return that if you treat me right, I’ll treat you right with regulating your body to where it should be. You just worry about doing the stuff you need to do to keep me healthy and I’ll get you there. Just worry about trying to exercise for at least XXX minutes a day X/times a week. Just worry about trying to keep your food groups and calories to XXX. Just worry about not restricting and not overeating. Just worry about how you are going to be nice to me just for today. Just do the basic things for me and in return I will get you healthy. I do a lot for you and don’t ask for much in return. Accept the things you can not change and change the things you can and pray for the wisdom to know the difference. Do all those simple things and I will make you happy. I promise. You can put down your stubbornness and realize that you aren’t giving in to me. You hate to give in. You need to quit fighting me and work with me. Try to be my friend. I’ll keep on talking nice to you, like I always have…don’t worry. It’s me who loves you. I also need love too though. Thanks for trying to be nice to me. I do appreciate it.

Love, Your Body

2 comments:

  1. Hey just thought I'd drop by and say hi

    Great idea you've got here - in treatment I had to write a letter to my body apologising for all I had put it through, and promising to treat it better. In most part I've kept my word so far :-)

    Looking forward to reading more, and hope you don't mind me becoming a follower...

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi XXX,
    I wonder if Body has suggestions for other ways you can be nice to it? I mean, other than eating right and exercising. I only ask because your ED sounds a lot like my JOAN and there are definitely times JOAN uses Body to get to me...especially when I've told her to shut up.

    Just a thought,
    Lots of love to you!

    Babs
    http://livedcomposedandillustratedbyme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete